I bow my head in shame, infidelity has become my curse. I for a short time was very faithful to the projects laid before me. Knowing precisely at which stage each one was at. I held firm and would not cast on a stitch. But then I did need to knit the panda hat, I had promised for years to make a hat for Violet and had not yet done so. And I needed a car project so making a square here or there for the Great American Aran Afghan seemed like a step of love for the sake of knitting and not cheating on the bedspread and the afghan. Then I really felt that I should be true, at least a little, to my spinning and do something with at least some of the yarn that I had so lovingly spun, so the fake Dr. Who scarf had to be started. Then I received my Fall IK and just couldn’t stop thinking about those socks, and that wrap. I knew that they had to be knit at least at some point in my life. I went yarn diving last night and found the sock yarn to make the Bandelier Socks and found some yarn I think the shawl would look lovely in, and I just couldn’t help myself and cast on for the socks.
No matter how hard I try to control my whims, it just doesn’t work! I have fallen so far away from project fidelity that I’m not sure I can come back. My list or projects in progress:
- 40th 50th Wedding Anniversary Bedspread
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Rose of England Tablecloth (still need to actually cast on – but I have 3 years)
- 25th Anniversary Afghan (about 1/5 done)
- Log Cabin Afghan
- Great American Aran Afghan
- Fake Dr. Who Scarf
- Bandelier Socks
- Every Way Wrap (not actually cast on)
- Cora’s Winter Hat
This isn’t even including the works in progress that I’ve long since abandoned.
- Owl Socks – one done, one partially done
- Flame Socks – not sure where I left off on these – probably will frog at this point not even sure what the pattern was.
- A Wrap from Twists & Turns that I was knitting with my homespun.
- A vest (I’ll be frogging this)
- Other odds and end socks (all need frogged)
- Sweater of Insanity (I’m gonna frog it)
- Probably some other things I can’t remember.
But you know what, knitting is my pleasure not my work and thus I don’t care. I can have a million prjoects and work on whatever I deem worthwhile at the time. My knitting time has become so minimal that when I do knit I need to knit on something I want to work on because otherwise it isn’t joyful. So the more projects the merrier.
Is there anything cuter then a 7-week old labrador puppy.
I found a lot of old pictures as I was going through discs and consolidating them onto a hard drive, thought I’d share an oldy of my baby Abner.
So today at lunch, instead of walking because I’ve apparently pulled a litle muscle in my leg, and it looks like its gonna storm, I’m going to work on my Bandelier Socks.
But then, I’ve lost 30 pounds now, so taking a day off from walking should be fine.