My niece turns 18 in a week. We don’t celebrate birthdays, but I figure now is the time to let her know the crimes she should commit before next week so that she can be tried as a juvenile. Now let me give you a little background on my niece, she, much to my chagrin, is a girly-girl. Although I do think she has a tad tom-boy thrown in like her Aunt. But as a little girl, she was so girly even before she could walk, that as she crawled she carried a purse. She kept her pacifiers in it, and she’d stop crawling occassionally, open her purse and swap out her pacifier. She has a couple of blogs, but I’ll share the one she shares with her mom and I. http://noswatches.blogspot.com/ She’s working right now on a sweater for her senior pictures. I say she’s a girly girl as she’s always accessorized, etc. I on the other hand, rarely wear jewelry, often don’t wear matching clothes, and would rather not think about how I look….but then I’m also not nearly 18.
So Crimes she should commit in the next week so she can still be tried as a juvenile:
- Find a beautiful cashmere sweater at a store, then proceed to unravel it to “reclaim” the yarn, and cast on for a sweater. She should probably bring a bean-bag chair for comfort to the store as it could take a while, when they protest she can start a rant on being green and reclaiming yarn;
- Seek out anyone wearing tube socks and spray paint their ankles (as tube socks are just cruel);
- Tip a cow – after all she does live in Iowa;
- Take in more than 3 things in a dressing room;
- Go to a restaurant with a basket of food, head into the kitchen and make herself lunch.
- Write her name with a rock on the side of her parent’s car (oh wait her brother already did that when he was 3 and learned to write his name);
- Go to the library and dog-ear all the books;
- Get an ear-piercing kit and pierce all the female dog ears in the town insisting that that way no one will be confused and call a girl dog him.
Any you would like to suggest?
No knitting news to report, haven’t worked on my vest since Sunday. I’m hoping though this weekend I may be able to finish up the knitting. And then next weekend do the steeking. But there will be no knitting till probably Friday at the earliest, so my dreams of steeking this weekend are shot. I will be so glad when this brief is done! Boxers are so much more fun. hee hee. At least I haven’t lost my sense of humor, although it may have gotten wierder in my lack of sleep/relaxation time.